Career Center > Job Seekers
> Job Search
Apply Now |
Forward Job to a Friend |
More Jobs From This Employer
||Charlottesville Free Clinic
||Charlottesville, VA United States
|| Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Charlottesville Free Clinic, a vibrant non-profit that fills a critical and unique role in our community. For 30 years, the Charlottesville Free Clinic has been an open door to free, high-quality healthcare for thousands of working, uninsured and underinsured adults in the greater Charlottesville area.
As Volunteer Coordinator, you will engage, train and recruit students and community volunteers to support operations at the Charlottesville Free Clinic. In addition to leading and directing volunteers, you will be accountable for the management and oversight of the volunteer database and volunteer stewardship.
- Create and oversee recruitment strategy for student and community volunteers across the organization, providing a rewarding experience.
- Oversee implementation of onboarding/training for all volunteers (assure all departments have adequate training/onboarding procedures).
- Maintain an accurate, current volunteer database, continually expanding ability to maximize the functionality of volunteer management software. Act as a liaison for pharmacy, dental, philanthropy, and admin volunteers.
- Recognize and honor volunteers. Deliver and evaluate an annual survey and recognition events.
- Coordinate “Vittles,” a program that provides meals for our volunteers.
- Provide direct support to Director of Medical Clinic Operations and medical clinic staff.
- Engage medical and community volunteers in clinic operations, providing a welcoming and rewarding experience.
- Serve as electronic medical record (EMR) lead for EMR system, Athena.
- Provide EMR support to volunteers and staff, including maintaining EMR user database and training new volunteers.
- Support clinic operations in key roles when volunteers/staff are not present including: exit and front desk operations.
- Work in partnership with the entire clinic staff, serving as an active participant in regularly scheduled team meetings and new program initiatives.
The Charlottesville Free Clinic is a highly dynamic work environment. Our business model relies on a streamlined staff, surrounded by a robust cadre of volunteer licensed professionals who donate their time and expertise to serving our patients. Our volunteers are highly dedicated to our mission, and you will oversee their recruitment, training, and their work while volunteering with us.
Your workweek will combine daytime hours in addition to evening hours on Monday, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, in order to accommodate our evening medical clinic schedule.
Working in the Free Clinic brings many perks, including the satisfaction of providing critical health care to our neighbors in need. Across the organization, we are a staff of roughly 20 medical and non-medical professionals, with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Qualifications & Requirements
- College degree is required.
- Familiarity with healthcare and electronic medical records is preferred.
- Excellent organization and communication skills are essential.
- Able to problem solve and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Conversational Spanish is beneficial, but not required.
- Interest and aptitude in systems, critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Supervisory and/or volunteer management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage a large, dynamic pool of volunteers with professionalism and flexibility.
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Commitment to collaboration.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the working uninsured population served by the Free Clinic.
Charlottesville Free Clinic|
The Charlottesville Free Clinic believes that no one should have to choose between filling a life-saving prescription and putting food on the table. Yet every day throughout our community, thousands of our neighbors are forced to make that decision because they don't have insurance. Founded in 1992, the Charlottesville Free Clinic provides medical care, medications, mental health services and dentistry to uninsured and underinsured adults in the greater Charlottesville area, at no cost to our patients. Our staff providers are supported by hundreds of healthcare professionals who work their day jobs and then volunteer their services at our clinics, enabling us to treat over 2,000 patients annually.